Skip to main content
Top of page
- The NSW Premier and the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet receive a large volume of postal and email correspondence and not all correspondence requires a response.
- We treat emails the same as posted correspondence.
- We aim to open all correspondence within one business day of receipt, and respond where required, within 20 working days of receipt. You can request a response by checking the box on the contact page.
- If you require a response and it is likely to take us longer than 20 working days to provide a full response to all the issues you have raised, we will advise you of when you can expect a reply.
- There may be occasions where we will forward the issues you raise and your comments to a Minister, agency or Member of Parliament for their attention.
- We will not respond to correspondence where the Premier or Secretary are not the primary recipient, but marked as carbon copy (ie CC) or blind copy (BC). We will only respond to items where the Premier or Secretary is the primary recipient.
- We accept no responsibility for invoices or other documents involving payments sent by email. Such items must be sent to the .
- We will delete unsolicited advertisements without response.
- We will forward any correspondence containing threatening content or advocating illegal activities to the NSW Police. We will not respond to correspondence containing offensive language or content.
- If you choose to receive regular updates from the NSW Government, we will add your email address to our mailing list for a weekly newsletter and other information. You can unsubscribe from this list at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in our email updates.
- Your correspondence and email, once sent, will become a formal departmental record. We will treat this with the appropriate level of confidentiality consistent with NSW Privacy and Personal Information Act provisions. For further information see the .
- Your correspondence may be used for statistical reporting purposes.