Mandatory electronic check-in for businesses from Monday 23 November 2020
From Monday 23 November 2020, customer check-in at businesses must be completed using electronic methods e.g. a QR code.
The Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in is strongly recommended to businesses as a free, secure and convenient system, but businesses are free to choose any electronic system that meets the record keeping requirements.
Using electronic methods to collect patron details
Fast access to accurate and complete electronic records helps NSW Health to quickly alert people who may have been in contact with a person with COVID-19 while visiting your business or organisation.
Efficient contact tracing helps slow or stop the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
From Monday 23 November 2020, it is mandatory for certain types of businesses to use electronic check-in methodsDự đoán xổ số to collect patron and staff details.
Businesses and organisations:
- amusement centres
- business premises that are used for auction houses, other than clearing houses
- business premises that are used for nail salons, beauty salons, hairdressing salons, waxing salons, tanning salons, spas, tattoo parlours and massage parlours
- drive-in cinemas
- entertainment facilities
- hospitality venues:
- casinos (all persons entering the premises)
- food and drink premises (all persons consuming food or drink on the premises, plus staff and contractors)
- micro-breweries, small distilleries holding a drink on-premises authorisation under the Liquor Act 2007 or cellar door premises (all persons consuming food or drink on the premises, plus staff and contractors)
- pubs, small bars and registered clubs (all persons entering the premises, but not if they are entering the premises solely for the purpose of collecting food or drink to consume off the premises)
- function centres
- funeral homes
- information and education facilities (other than libraries)
- party buses
- properties operated by the National Trust or the Historic Houses Trust
- public swimming pools
- recreation facilities (indoor)
- recreation facilities (major)
- sex on premises venues
- sex services premises
- strip clubs
- vessels used for hosting functions or for commercial tours
- zoological parks and reptile parks.
- controlled outdoor events
- corporate events
- funerals and memorial services and gathering after funerals and memorial services
- wedding services and gatherings after wedding services.
Electronic recording of entry is not mandatory for persons entering premises to attend a significant event at a place of public worship (such as a wedding or funeral) or entering premises for a religious service.
QR codes are a common of electronic check-in system. QR codes operate like barcodes, with information that can be read by a smartphone camera. Some phones may require a free QR code reader app, which are available from the Android or iPhone stores.
Some businesses are already using QR codes to collect customer details as they are convenient for businesses and customers. They provide a hygienic, contactless way of signing into a venue.
Businesses using a QR code check-in system should have an alternative form of electronic check-in for patrons without smartphones.
COVID Safe Check-in with the Service NSW app
To help you with contactless customer record keeping, we’ve created a unique, free QR code for your business that customers can scan when they visit.
Customers will need to have the Service NSW app installed on their mobile to record their visit.
Businesses need to ensure that they have measures in place that will accurately capture customer and staff details.
Dự đoán xổ sốIt makes the check in seamless by sending accurate customer information directly to Service NSW. This means the data does not have to be stored by the business and it is readily available for NSW Health to access if it becomes necessary.
COVID Safe Check-in is available to all businesses in NSW and is provided as part of the COVID Safe registration pack.
How to get your COVID Safe Check-in QR code
Businesses who have already registered as COVID Safe will be emailed their unique QR code.
Dự đoán xổ sốRegistered businesses and organisations can also access or recover QR codes from their business resources page. The resources also include the online concierge check-in form and COVID Safe signage and posters.
Businesses and organisations will need the email they registered with to access the business resources page.
Using the COVID Safe Check-in
- When a customer arrives at a venue, they hover their phone camera or QR code reader over the code.
- The smartphone reads the code and one of two things will happen:
- the customer will be asked to download the Service NSW app
- if they already have the app they will be taken to the check in
- A staff member may check the successful sign in on the customer's phone.
Setting up your own QR code check in
- Businesses can find their own QR code guest registration service by searching online or asking their IT services provider for advice. Read the terms and conditions carefully, paying particular attention to:
- pricing and payment details
- privacy policies
- length of contract and how to cancel the service
- how the data is stored and how you can access it when required - data must be stored securely onshore in Australia
- Sign up with a service and download the unique QR code.
- Display the code at the entrance to the venue so customers can access it easily. A staff member or COVID-19 Safe Hygiene Marshal should be nearby to assist customers and confirm they have checked in.
- If any customers are unable to use the QR code, businesses should have an alternative check in method available, such as an SMS service or the online check-in form provided as part of business resources for COVID Safe registered businesses.
Register as a COVID Safe Business and get a free QR code for easy, contactless check-in.
Dự đoán xổ sốThe Service NSW app collects information from your customers and stores it securely in one place.
Dự đoán xổ sốThe app makes record keeping and contact tracing safe and easy.
Dự đoán xổ sốDisplay your unique QR code where it’s easy for customers to see.
Dự đoán xổ sốWhen they arrive at your venue, customers can check in with the Service NSW app on their mobile phone.
Dự đoán xổ sốBy selecting ‘COVID Safe Check-in’ and following the prompts, you can verify they’ve checked in to your business.
Customer information will be kept for 28 days and only released by Service NSW for official contact tracing It’s easy for you, easy for your customers and it’s COVID Safe.
Install the Service NSW app
Dự đoán xổ sốYou can check in to COVID Safe businesses who are using their NSW Government QR Code, via the Service NSW app.
Last updated: 1 December 2020